Manufacturing and distribution (M&D) companies manage countless complex variables, including the costs of raw materials, equipment, and processing; competitive pricing; and tasks like sourcing and just-in-time production and delivery. With all of that to deal with in a day, who’s watching your numbers?
Our M&D-focused CPAs and advisors work through these complexities daily, including the additional financial reporting and tax compliance filings required for companies with foreign ownership, multi-state locations, and/or an international presence. This expertise allows us to personalize your experiences and deliver highly specialized accounting, auditing, tax, and advisory services, all while successfully navigating the tax code for things like:
- Capitalization policies for fixed asset versus expensing under 263(a),
- State income tax nexus, and
- The R&D Tax Credit.
We partner with you for the long term, managing your cash flow and planning appropriately for your taxes, while advising you on tough decisions like buying versus leasing, transferring your company to the next generation, and developing an exit strategy. We are committed to your success, which is why we’re active members of a number of industry and networking organizations, including the Maryland Manufacturing Extension Partnership, RMI of Maryland, and the World Trade Center Institute.
Contact us to see how you can get more financial control over your operations. Ultimately, you won’t have to worry about your numbers, because we’ll have our well-trained eyes on them.
Our M&D Services Include:
Tax Reporting and Compliance
- US Reporting of Foreign Ownership of US Companies
- Multi-State Income Tax Planning and Nexus Reviews
- Implementation and Compliance under the Uniform Capitalization Rules
- Review of Tangible Personal Property listings and internal capitalization policies, ensuring compliance with IRS Regulations
- Uncover potential tax savings by reviewing your expenditures to see if they qualify for the R&D credit
- Cost Segregation Study Opportunities, revealing if you can accelerate tax deductions available when making large capital expenditures
- Domestic Production Activities Deduction Qualifications, seeing if you qualify and are maximizing this deduction afforded to US production companies
- State and Local Tax Incentives
- Filing of R&D and Manufacturing Exemptions from Personal Property Tax in Maryland
- Pennsylvania Manufacturer’s Exemption
- Energy Credits
- Empowerment Zone Benefits
Business Planning and Strategy
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Structure Decisions
- Estate and Gift Planning for Owners
- Structuring Compensation Plans for Key Employees
- Succession Planning
Accounting and Technology
- Internal Control Procedures
- Cash Flow and Budgeting
- Managed IT Services
- Technology Consulting (Networks, Cloud based Systems, Security, Hardware Upgrades)