Come for the job. Stay for Your Career.
Staff Accountant – Frederick, Maryland
MKS&H is a progressive regional CPA/Business Consulting Firm based in Maryland. We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our practice, working from our Frederick, Maryland office.
If you are a highly motivated, career-minded individual… if you’re interested in business and want to work directly with business owners… if you’re looking for a career opportunity that offers more than just a paycheck… then we’d like to hear from you.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs specific audit procedures or tasks as assigned by the in-charge auditor.
- Writes narratives and conclusions based on the findings derived from the audit procedures.
- Prepares working trial balances for specific funds or account groups using financial statements, accounting records, etc.
- Organizes working papers to be used in writing the final audit or review report.
- Assists in preparing final drafts of audit and review reports.
- Knowledge of the basics of income taxation.
- Prepare detail Federal and state income tax support schedules to be used in tax preparation.
- Preparation of entry-level income tax returns for both individuals and various business entities.
- Organize tax files to support current year tax filings in a paperless office environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Tax department Senior or In-charge Accountant
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or taxation desirable
- Public accounting experience preferred and a CPA or CPA candidate
- Excellent time management and detail-oriented skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
MKS&H offers excellent benefits, including a healthcare plan, a cafeteria plan, 401k, tuition assistance, business development incentives, a technology loan program and more. EOE.