Your company is your foundation, your livelihood. Whether you have built your company up from the ground or started work for an established entity, it is important to protect what is yours. Business computers are attacked every day, networks are invaded, and these assaults are devastating. It takes investment, careful planning, and dedicated professionals to build the walls and defend against the enemy. What we don’t always realize is that we are the worst enemy, especially when we don’t take the time to make sure the gates are closed.
Five important factors to consider to keep your organization secure are:
1. Trust the IT professionals and Yourself. A managed service provider like Tier One Technology Partners specializes in analyzing networks and identifying and shoring up the weaknesses. Don’t lock your own IT provider out, rather let them strengthen you and let you do your job and grow your business faster.
2. Love the Cloud. Your company’s data does not actually float around in the atmosphere, instead it is saved in secure facilities that allow you to access it anywhere you need to go. Your managed service provider can make sure that your access to your information is heavily protected, and that your employees can only access what you want them to access.
3. Be proactive. Waiting until all of your financial information is stolen will not save your company. It is important to talk to your service provider on better practices to save yourself the devastation caused by a breach.
4. Protect your customers, clients, and employees. If you sell or deliver something to your clients, then you have their personal information. If you have employees, you have their personal information. Protecting them protects you, from loss of business and legal implications.
5. Don’t lean on Firewalls and Anti-Virus programs. It’s never enough to rely on what you purchased for protection, because there are still vulnerabilities. What is more important is to establish practices with your employees that encourages better performance and a more complete defense. Your employees and IT provider are your greatest asset when they work as a team.
It is often the actions of our employees and IT provider that allow us to protect ourselves and our businesses from attacks and loss. Team management from a managed service provider like Tier One Technology Partners can help improve the education and conduct of your employees as well as decrease your likelihood of cyber security threats and attacks on your business.
About Tier One Technology Partners: MKS&H’s technology consulting group, Tier One Technology Partners provides your growing organization with IT strategy and effective IT services solutions to keep you one step ahead. Tier One was founded in 2000 in the response to listening to the needs of our clients and the business challenges that they were facing in such a rapidly changing IT environment. Thus, Tier One was developed with the simple goal of being an IT consultant, partner, and support firm.